[IANAOversight] Fwd: [Iana-transition] [IANAxfer@apnic] CRISP team making good progress -- report from 2nd CRISP teleconference

Ernest Byaruhanga ernest at afrinic.net
Sat Dec 13 10:36:56 UTC 2014

Hi Seun

Just to add that at this stage, it's important you look at the draft
proposal that has been posted to ianaxfer at nro.net and share your views on
the content. Our CRISP team have already expressed in the last
teleconference that the proposal reflects the community's feedback, hence
please look at it in case you have any comments in there.

Regards
Ernest

On 13 December 2014 13:31:17 Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest at afrinic.net> wrote:

| Hi Seun
|
| If you are referring to this document prepared by Craig:
https://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/Summary-of-RIR-proposals.pdf then
yes it would need to be updated to include the region's proposal, which is
(largely) SLA.

| Regards
| Ernest.
|
| On 13 December 2014 04:45:48 Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
|
| | Hello Adiel,
| |
| | Thanks for sharing this, just to be clear it does seem
| | proposals/contributions from the AFRINIC region are not added to the
| | summary. I recall there were 2 proposals and there were survey outcomes
| | that needs to be incorporated
| |
| | Regards
| |
| | On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Adiel Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:
| | >

| | > Begin forwarded message:
| | >
| | > *From: *"Sweeting, John" <john.sweeting at twcable.com>
| | > *Subject: **[Iana-transition] FW: [IANAxfer at apnic] CRISP team making good
| | > progress -- report from 2nd CRISP teleconference*
| | > *Date: *December 12, 2014 at 23:46:04 PM GMT+4
| | > *To: *"iana-transition at arin.net" <iana-transition at arin.net>
| | >
| | >  FYI – This is a very good summary sent out to the APNIC list from Craig
| | > Ng and since I was unable to attend this call I thought I would share
with
| | > this list. Thank you.
| | >

| | >   On 12/11/14, 6:59 PM, "Craig Ng" <craig at apnic.net> wrote:
| | >
| | >    Last night, the CRISP team met for the second time this week. Eleven
| | > out of the 15 CRISP team members were present. In addition, there were
| | > about 13 observers on the Webex teleconference call. Izumi Okutani (APNIC
| | > region) chaired the meeting.
| | >
| | >  I feel that we are making strong progress towards coming up with a
| | > consolidated proposal for the five RIRs.
| | >
| | >  The meeting considered two documents that were circulated prior to the
| | > meeting (both documents are attached to this email):
| | >
| | >    1. A draft response (*Draft Response*) to the ICG's request for
| | >    proposal, prepared by Andrei Robachevsky (RIPE NCC region). The Draft
| | >    Response was originally the work of the RIPE NCC region's CRISP team
| | >    members, but also incorporates some of ARIN's contents, and shows
tracked
| | >    amendments from Michael Abejuala (ARIN region staff).
| | >    2. A summary of the current proposals (*Summary of Proposals*) which
| | >    have previously been circulated and discussed amongst the
communities of
| | >    APNIC, RIPE NCC and LACNIC. This document highlights the common
approach,
| | >    with a suggestion for a way forward to accommodate the differences
(this is
| | >    a document I prepared).
| | >
| | > The meeting spent some time to discuss the Summary of Proposals document.
| | > Essentially, the suggestions contained in this document are that:
| | >
| | >    - There will be an IANA Service Level Agreement (*SLA*) between the
| | >    RIRs and ICANN (referred to in the documents as the IANA functions
operator
| | >    for neutrality). This is a common approach adopted by all RIRs;
| | >    - There will not be a separate Affirmation of Commitments or
| | >    Memorandum of Understanding between the RIRs and ICANN, but the
substance
| | >    of matters that were intended for this document will be captured
in the SLA;
| | >    - There will not be a Multi-stakeholder Oversight Numbers Council
| | >    (MONC) as proposed by the LACNIC community, but that the Number
Resources

https://www.nro.net/nro-and-internet-governance/iana-oversight/consolidated-rir-iana-stewardship-proposal-team-crisp-team>

| | >  Craig
| | > (APNIC staff appointee on the CRISP team)
| | >

| | >  _______________________________________________________
| | > Craig Ng
| | > General Counsel, APNIC
| | > e: craig at apnic.net
| | > p: +61 7 3858 3152
| | > m: +61 416 052 022
| | > www.apnic.net
| | > _______________________________________________________
| | >
| | >  Join the conversation:   https://blog.apnic.net/
| | > _______________________________________________________
| | >

| | > ------------------------------
| | > This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
| | > proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
| | > copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely
| | > for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
| | > are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby
notified that
| | > any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
| | > the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and
| | > may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
| | > the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of
| | > this E-mail and any printout.

| |
| | --
| | ------------------------------------------------------------------------
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | *Seun Ojedeji,Federal University Oye-Ekitiweb:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng
| | <http://www.fuoye.edu.ng> Mobile: +2348035233535**alt email:
| | <http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
| | <seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*
| |
| | The key to understanding is humility - my view !
| |
| |
| |