[DNSSEC-Ops] FW: Configuration [AFRINIC #631758]

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh at afrinic.net
Wed Oct 3 18:02:56 UTC 2018

Hi Adam,

We are an RIR and we only manage reverse DNS for our reverse zones only and **NOT** for reverse zones of prefixes that have been allocated to our members. As such we do not maintain any PTR record. As we allocate a prefix to a member, the member is delegated the management of the reverse zone associated with the prefix allocated. The member should inform the parent (AFRINIC) where which authoritative name servers are being used by creating a domain object in the WHOIS database.

More information here:
<https://www.afrinic.net/our-factsheets/216-how-to-request-reverse-delegation-in-afrinic-region>

Hope this helps.

Regards,