[DNSSEC-Ops] Reverse DNS Name Error for nlpcpfa.com

Adedapo Oyerinde adedapo.oyerinde at nlpcpfa.com
Tue Dec 11 12:27:43 UTC 2018

Good Day Afrinic Support,
I have contacted ICANN and IANA on the above subject matter (please see attached emails) and both organizations have instructed us to contact AFRINIC.
We have recently discovered that the Public IP addresses issued by our Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to our Organization does not have the required Reverse (rDNS) and Domain Pointer (PTR) record properly configured to our domain name (i.e. nlpcpfa.com) on your .arpa Registry (.ARPA Zone Management  i.e. in-addr.arpa) used for mapping IPv4 addresses to internet domain names. The details of the Public IP addresses issued by our two ISPs is given in the table below;
ISP

Name of ISP (Country of Origin)

IP Address/Subnet

Primary ISP

Broadbased Communications Limited (Nigeria)

41.76.196.129/28

Secondary ISP

Globacom Limited (Nigeria)

197.211.47.194/29

This error was confirmed by using the following DNS query site: https://centralops.net and entering our domain name (i.e. nlpcpfa.com) in the space provided. The error below is part of the result generated for our domain name;

-          "DNS query for 130.196.76.41.in-addr.arpa returned an error from the server: NameError"

-          "DNS query for 197.47.211.197.in-addr.arpa returned an error from the server: NameError"
Please note that the domain name (i.e. nlpcpfa.com) is owned by NLPC Pension Fund Administrators Limited (NLPC PFA) a Company registered in Nigeria (RC:614764) and licensed by the National Pension Commission (PenCom) to administer pension and pay retirement benefits in accordance with the Pension Reforms Act 2004 (Revised in 2014). Please visit www.nlpcpfa.com<http://www.nlpcpfa.com> for more information about NLPC PFA.
This error has adversely affected email delivery and sending to our domain.
Kindly look into this urgently and update your Reverse DNS (rDNS) and Domain Pointer (PTR) Records respectively with the IP addresses in the table above with our domain name on your .arpa Registry database .
Thank you.

Adedapo Oyerinde
Information Technology Department
NLPC Pension Fund Administrators Limited
312A, Ikorodu Road,
Anthony, Lagos.
Mobile: +2347066000640 & +2347080300050
Telephone: 01-3428977, 01-2793580-2, 01-7610812, Ext: 121
Email: adedapo.oyerinde at nlpcpfa.com<mailto:adedapo.oyerinde at nlpcpfa.com>
<image001.png>
@NLPC PFA Your Retirement Savings Account is safe....