[Dnssec-ops] Re: [AfriNIC-announce] DNSSEC signatures in reverse DNS zones now enabled

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu May 3 16:31:43 SAST 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 17:40 +0400, ALAIN AINA wrote:
> On May 2, 2012, at 7:52 PM, Mark Elkins wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 17:34 +0400, Babusha Radhakissoon wrote:
> >> Phase 2 involves the publication of DNSSEC records in the reverse
> >> zones delegated to us by IANA. Commencing on Thursday, 03 May 2012,
> >> AfriNIC will be publishing DNSSEC records on the following zones:
> >

> >> IPv6
> >> 2.4.1.0.0.2.ip6.arpa.
> >
> > I'm probably the only person doing DNSSEC (OK - so maybe there is
> > another person or two? - would love to know).
>
> Yes, you are the only who submitted DS. We may give you an award :-)
> >
> > Good news on the IPv6!
> >
> > What about the Legacy IPv4 address space - in particular the stuff for
> > 160.in-addr.arpa and 192.in-addr.arpa. I know they are held with Arin,
> > but I uploaded my DS's to AfriNIC - which I see have been removed :-(
> >
> > Anyway - I have re-added my DS's for legacy space into my.afrinic.net.
> > Is this enough?

You didn't answer the question on the legacy (arin) space.

> Yes, that is the only thing you need to do. We will  start publishing
> members DS when we submit DS to Parent zone which is expected  for end
> of next week
>
> Try to validate our zones and report. I attach the trusted keys.

I take it then that once the AfriNIC DS's are in the respective parent
zones (in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa ??) that just having the 'root' trusted
key would be enough?

...though until then I could add the key for 2.4.1.0.0.2.ip6.arpa into
my authoritative recursive resolvers....

Can you ping me when its worth checking?

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE