[DBWG] why can't i change role object? -- resolved

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu May 16 11:49:28 UTC 2024

Hi all,

My problem was that (as a test whether i can modify the object) i tried
to change the first line/attribute: "role".

this is a "lookup key" per [1] and can not be changed.
Changing other attributes works.

Thanks Keessun for your help!

We agreed that documentation might need improvements.

Have a good time  - and let's have the cables fixed soon....

Frank
(no hat)

[1]
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net -- -t role
[Querying whois.afrinic.net]
[whois.afrinic.net]
% This is the AfriNIC Whois server.
% The AFRINIC whois database is subject to  the following terms of Use.
See https://afrinic.net/whois/terms

role:           [mandatory]  [single]     [lookup key]
address:        [mandatory]  [multiple]   [ ]
phone:          [optional]   [multiple]   [ ]
fax-no:         [optional]   [multiple]   [ ]
e-mail:         [mandatory]  [multiple]   [lookup key]
org:            [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
admin-c:        [mandatory]  [multiple]   [inverse key]
tech-c:         [mandatory]  [multiple]   [inverse key]
nic-hdl:        [mandatory]  [single]     [primary/lookup key]
remarks:        [optional]   [multiple]   [ ]
notify:         [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
abuse-mailbox:  [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
mnt-by:         [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
changed:        [mandatory]  [multiple]   [ ]
source:         [mandatory]  [single]     [ ]