[DBWG] why can't i change role object?

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Fri May 10 11:51:33 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I hope/trust that's not a question for "Support"...

I tried to update/modify a role object, and got this (sorry for the line
breaks):

***Error:   Person/Role name cannot be changed automatically. Please create
             another Person/Role object and modify any references to the old
             object, then delete the old object

I can't see a reason why updates to role projects should not be allowed.
I even think that's the main purpose....

So, am I missing something?

Thanks,
Frank
<no hats>

PS: AfriNIC staff:
I got "Internal software error" when i wanted to delete
SNHT55555-AFRINIC
less than 1 minute after creating it

wanted to delete it with the line
delete:         remove
added

according to
delete: <comment>
under section "2.2.4 Deleting an object"
in
https://afrinic.net/press/197-database-afrinic-database-reference-manual-

deleting without the comment worked.

Can that section in that manual be reviewed?
If google sent me to an outdated document, can we remove it?

Thanks,
Frank