[DBWG] person without email... and domain object size

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sun Mar 24 18:04:52 UTC 2024

Hi DBWG,

I didn't see any responses to below email.

But I've seen some new objects created recently - [1]

Is there no interest to stop objects like [1] from being created?

I'm conflicted as in both thinking a change is called for and trying to
be a neutral chair.

So I think if there's no response, then I can not be an impartial chair
and declare consensus.

There seem to be 11 domain objects for /128's.
There seem to be 108 domain objects for longer than /48.

I.e. not a current problem as much as a potential problem when any
average LIR can create 2^96 domain objects.
Sorry. That's the number of objects for /128's to create.
Total of 2^97-1 objects can be created when including all the shorter ones.

Thanks,
Frank

[1]
domain:
5.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.6.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.f.f.f.0.c.2.ip6.arpa
descr:          BTCL INTERNAL6
nserver:        ns4.btc.bw
nserver:        ns1.btc.bw
nserver:        vpsm.btc.bw
org:            ORG-BTC2-AFRINIC
admin-c:        BM16-AFRINIC
admin-c:        OSD1-AFRINIC
admin-c:        IO10-AFRINIC
tech-c:         BM16-AFRINIC
tech-c:         OSD1-AFRINIC
tech-c:         IO10-AFRINIC
zone-c:         BM16-AFRINIC
zone-c:         OSD1-AFRINIC
zone-c:         IO10-AFRINIC
mnt-by:         TF-196-1-130-0-196-1-133-255-MNT
mnt-lower:      TF-196-1-130-0-196-1-133-255-MNT
changed:        malibalak at btc.bw 20240319
source:         AFRINIC