[DBWG] Routinator validation

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Thu Jun 15 21:10:57 UTC 2023

Dear Carlos,

You mentioned the following in an email yesterday:

   Found valid trust anchor https://rpki.afrinic.net/repository/AfriNIC.cer.
   Processing.
   RRDP https://rrdp.afrinic.net/notification.xml: Updating server
   RRDP https://rrdp.afrinic.net/notification.xml: malformed XML
   rsync://rpki.afrinic.net/repository/04E8B0D80F4D11E0B657D8931367AE7D/62gPOPXWxxu0sQa4vQZYUBLaMbY.mft:

   failed to validate
   CA for
   rsync://rpki.afrinic.net/repository/04E8B0D80F4D11E0B657D8931367AE7D/
   rejected, resources marked as unsafe:
      0.0.0.0/0
      ::/0
      AS0-AS4294967295

I verified the SIA several days ago while I was checking the
specifications against what the software does.  I am interested in
the above as the software did not generate the above behaviour after
the change.  There shouldn't be a "malformed XML" message because of
the "204".  It is not clear from the above why the "failed to
validate" message occurred.  Do you have more information about that?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy