[DBWG] INR Police/Guardian for RoutingSec (was: All AFRINIC-administered IP space)

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:30:26 UTC 2021

{change the topic in an OoT perspective}
Dear DBWG,

Not a good time, within AfriNIC & Community :'-(

...but, i hope you are safe & well!

Please see more, below, inline...

Le lun. 26 juil. 2021 à 2:40 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
a écrit :

> In message <CAJjTEvFBntYMAt_HG-Ji8Kte8PqxbC4cCyHuVczccGc5fCHS

> 3w at mail.gmail.com>

> Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> >...we have time! right, Ronald?

> Well, that is certainly my hope! However I personally am not really what

> most people would refer to as a "young man" anymore, and who knows? And

Hi Ronald,
Thanks for your email, brother!

...i don't know any young who is actually contributing to the DBWG.

For me, my hope is in JESUS (a man GOD)
this helps me to not focus on void issues
and mundane ones for too long. That's why i'm not considering the time as
blocking factor; even when it seem to
be working against my expectations.

any of us could be struck by lightning at any time. So I guess we'll see.

...sure! so, being ready shall help a lot.

> But that aside, yes, it will take me a bit longer to make lists also for

> (a) RADB route objects that implicate AFRINIC-administered but unassigned

> "bogon" IPv6 address space and also (b) RADB route objects that implicate

> AFRINIC-administered but currently unassigned AS numbers.

...again, thanks for your much appreciated efforts!

Hopefully, you are also considering what Nishal has said on the very topic.

> And of course, in an ideal universe *someone* should independently double

> check my work to make sure it is all correct.

...imho, it's obvious that what you are
doing, for so long, is not a work for a
single person. What do you think on the
idea of creating the "INR Police/Guardian
for Routing Security": a non profit org
with the mission to do no more, no less
than what you are doing, alone, right now.

...i could probably contribute more, if you
continue to document your knowledge...on
a wiki/ReadTheDocs somewhere...i'm
sure that the cmNOG or the GNA would
be glad to help to support such an
initiative (at least in hosting the tool).

You know, progressively provide a list of
recommended tools to master for the
task. Explaining how they are used to accomplish the chosen mission...

...i know that you have started to release
your tools, thank for that...i wish to try it
soon, GOD permit!

A list gathered follows:

~°~
•1] Script in Perl - ripebogonroutes <https://pastebin.com/raw/LsvZ05tX>
•2] grepcidr 3.0 - Filter IP addresses
matching IPv4 and IPv6 CIDR specification
<https://github.com/jrlevine/grepcidr3>
•3] irrslurp - An IRR ancillary data slurper library
<https://github.com/nickhilliard/irrslurp>
•4] ...any-rirbogonroutes coming soon ;-)
...maybe irrslurp is sufficient? :-/
~°~

Source: a thread heading by <
https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/db-wg/2021-June/007033.html>

It would be Bad if we

> asked AFRINIC staff to ask RADB staff to delete some "bogon" route objects

> that were in fact actually 100% legitimate route objects. Somebody, and

> more probably a LOT of somebodies would likely get REALLY MAD if a mistake

> that that slipped through.

...there is no mean for a human being or
even AI product to make zero mistakes.
But, yes!

Have a blessed monday, y'all!

Shalom,
--sb.

Obviously, such an error would likely not be

> a threat to life and limb, and could be corrected relatively quickly and

> easly, but you would hardly believe that if you only had been listening

> recently to the dire claims of some folks who may be on the verge of

> involuntarily losing some address space and for whom the end of

> civilization

> as we know it is just around the corner. :-)

> Regards,

> rfg

> [...]

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)