[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon Jul 26 12:20:33 UTC 2021

On 26 Jul 2021, at 3:24, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> Are some members clairvoiant? Can they magically predict which

> specific

> IP address blocks some RIR will assign to them NEXT MONTH?

no. but members might know if they are changing origin-as next month.
afrinic won’t. and can not be expected, to know.

> Once again, I think that we are actually in violent agreement.

> But you have gone off on a tangent that I don't see as being relevant

> the notion/proposal/idea of getting rid of the (RADB) "bogon routes".

the post that i responded to, suggested that afrinic contact the RADB to
deal with “remove all IRR's objects [..] incorrectly created [..]
attached to AfriNIC's delegated INRs pools.”.
my reply was intended to convey that AFRINIC themselves are not
clairvoyant, and that this task is not practical.

so yes, you and i are in agreement, in so far as this conversation is
about bogons. :-)
because that is something that *can* be actioned.

> .. I would hereby like to WITHDRAW my request to AFRINIC staff

> that they provide this information, either as a "one off" on on a

> continuing

> basis.

that’s a pity. like you, i agree that it’s not difficult to
extrapolate such a list.
but an individual’s ability to extrapolate this evidence, is not the
same as the curator of this space displaying what is, inarguably, good
behaviour, eh?

i, on the other hand, would *still* like to see afrinic publish this. i
don’t think it would cost them significant development time. and
$random_internet_researcher would do a lot better to consult afrinic, as
the authoritative source of this information, than, for example, take
what could quite easily be incorrect information from $random_blog that
is spat out of $search_engine, simply because afrinic did not make this
information otherwise easily available.

i am patient. by way of example, my ticket for requesting 2FA, only
took 7years.

-n.