[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Jul 24 10:45:34 UTC 2021

On Sat, 24 Jul 2021, 13:31 Ronald F. Guilmette, <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
wrote:

> In message <3aafd347-beb7-8610-d4db-88a3d88783c0 at geier.ne.tz>,

> Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

> >I agree that making RADB "cleaner" than now would make a positive

> >operational impact.

> >> Unfortunately, the folks at RADB don't listen to me when I tell them

> >> about problems in their published route data. (I think that maybe they

> >> don't like me. If so, they would certainly not be alone.) But I've

> >> been informed that they *do* listen when any RIR staff talks to them.

> >I've once-or-twice told them of much more specific problems, with

> >explanation and supporting info for each case, and it went ok.

> >*maybe* too much change at once makes it "suspicious" to them....

> I welcome anyone who may wish to try to get them to listen and/or see

> reason. I myself have never had any success in persuading them to do

> either.

If they aint listening to you they would probably not listen to any of us
either.

FWIW, RADB services are not free and as such....

Can we assume that squatters are paying a fee to maintain an IRR account
with RADB which then empowers them to create and maintain route objects for
Afrinic bogons or those orphan prefixes abandoned by those who had been
assigned.

Member services team can shade some light on this imho especially on how
Afrinic can tackle this going forward beyond just RFG or any interested
party who is not a staff of an RIR.

Cheers
Noah