[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sat Jul 24 07:43:33 UTC 2021

On 23/07/2021 23:43, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> This is rather incredible. The world only has five RIRs, AFRINIC being

> one of them. The IPv4 address space, the IPv6 address space, and the

> AS number space should thus each be carved up into 5 parts and each RIR

> should know, on a day-to-day basis, what parts they are responsible for.

> And each should be able to tell us what their part is on a daily basis.

> If they can't, then how can they hand out new resources??

> This isn't rocket science.

I agree. this should be available and it should be possible to make this
happen.

I'm wondering whether the -delegated files contain the complete set of
what is under administration of AfriNIC (or whichever RIR).

But:
a) I don't like to wonder, so AfriNIC staff: please clarify this little
detail, but

b) more importantly, AfriNIC staff: please make a list of
AfriNIC-administered blocks [1] available online, also as CSV or
similar, in a format like the -delegated files or
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-recovered-address-space/ipv4-recovered-address-space-2.csv

... and obviously tell us about it and make it all reachable/linked from
the website.

I think nobody wants for ticket #755910 to become much older than half a
year.

Thanks,
Frank

[1]