[DBWG] --list-versions query on deleted resources?

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Wed Feb 3 05:39:19 UTC 2021

On 5 Jan 2021, at 11:59, Edrich de Lange wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2020, at 9:41, Ben Maddison via DBWG wrote:

>> Hi all,

>> The list got left off of Michel's initial response to my email, and

>> we

>> only noticed once several further replies had been exchanged.

>> See the reconstructed exchange below.

>> TL;DR: Should prior versions of deleted objects remain query-able?

> Most definitely.

> Kind regards

dear working group.

there have now been three statements supporting the request for historic
information to be made available (aka “whowas”)
there has been admission that this is possible, and “easy” to do.
there have been no statements indicating that this is a bad thing to do.

in the absence of any dissenting views, what is necessary to move this
forward?

-n.