[DBWG] Fwd: [Community-Discuss] New Statistics Portal AIRRS Launched

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh at afrinic.net
Thu Apr 30 08:10:22 UTC 2020

Dear DBWG members,

We recently deployed AIRRS <https://airrs.afrinic.net> and there is a
widget that provides information on
the abuse contact information of an Internet number resource (INR). We
have currently disabled the widget
until we have a systematic way to retrieve abuse-contact information
from INRs at AFRINIC.

As you may know, the current Abuse-contact policy [1] does not require
a mandatory field for abuse-contact information.
As a consequence, the "mnt-irt" attribute is almost non-existent in
current autnum, inetnum and inet6num objects.
Abuse contact information can sometimes be found in the "remarks"
attribute in a non-standard fashion [2].

Questions:
1. What is your interpretation of the current policy, should it be
mandatory or optional?
2. Do you think it is important to set is as mandatory going forward?

We would love to have your views on this.

Cheers,
Amreesh

[1] https://afrinic.net/policy/manual#Abuse-Contact
[2] https://afrinic.net/research/rir-anti-spam-mechanisms-usage