[DBWG] can't create ROA with ASN0 - myafrinic

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh at afrinic.net
Mon Jun 10 23:33:10 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Thank you for your input.

In fact, we check the status of the AS against the IANA whois database and reject anything tagged as reserved.

For e.g. we would reject AS4200000000
Amreeshs-MacBook-Pro:~ amreesh$ whois -hwhois.iana.org AS4200000000
% IANA WHOIS server
% for more information on IANA, visit http://www.iana.org
% This query returned 1 object

as-block:     4200000000-4294967294
organisation: Reserved for Private Use

descr:        Reserved for Private Use

source:       IANA

We need to put an exception to this rule for AS0.

Working on that.

Regards,
Amreesh