[DBWG] RIPE proposed changes to the routing registry

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Fri Jun 8 09:58:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

Daniel, what is the status on the request that it becomes easier to
create route-objects for AfriNIC-managed IP space in the AFRINIC IRR
where non-AfriNIC-managed ASNs are specified as Origin?

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:54:53AM +0000, Job Snijders wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 08:25:24AM +0000, Job Snijders wrote:
> > On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:13:22AM +0400, Daniel Shaw wrote:
> > > In fact, my understanding is that is actually how the RIPE DB will
> > > work in future.
> > >
> > > This of course means that any resource holder could then create IRR
> > > objects that state their resources are ok to originate from any ASN at
> > > all. So the question is then for ASN holders: How does a given ASN
> > > feel about route(6) objects existing with their ASN as origin that
> > > they have nothing to do with or any control over?

It is no different with RPKI ROAs. With a RPKI ROA the prefix owner can
input any ASN they want in the Origin ASN field.

Kind regards,

Job