[DBWG] Abuse contacts in the WHOIS

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Oct 12 12:48:09 UTC 2016

When I run "whois -h whois.afrinic.net ORG-PS1-AFRINIC" I see no abuse
contact.
When I login to my.afrinic.net, Under my organisational Information - I
see....

E-mails:
  mje at posix.co.za (Administrative)
  abuse at posix.co.za (Abuse)

i.e I have an "abuse" email address. I would have though that would be
the correct source of an abuse email address to be used whenever a
record that is associated with me needs an abuse address and there is
not one actually directly associated with that record. Its then easy to
manage this nice "default" source for the abuse email address.