[Community-Discuss] Visit AFRINIC member by NRS (Number Resource Society)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri May 20 07:11:46 UTC 2022

> On May 18, 2022, at 07:11 , Ish Sookun <ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul & Samuel,
>
>> On 18 May 2022, at 15:36, Samuel Uzoechi <sammy.uzoechi at gmail.com <mailto:sammy.uzoechi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> To accomplish this goal, we strive to hold the regional internet registries (RIR) systems accountable, and make sure they function as they were created to.
>
> How do you hold the regional internet registries (RIR) systems accountable?

I have no affiliation or business with NRS whatsoever, but I will say that we do need to hold RIRs accountable when they are not properly serving the community.

AFRINIC is the first RIR to have this problem at least at this scale.

Currently, the only ways to hold them accountable is to replace the board members that are acting against their mandate through the election process and through litigation against their invalid acts.

That is one of the reasons an injunction was sought (and obtained) against their attempt at an improper election.