[Community-Discuss] Visit AFRINIC member by NRS (Number Resource Society)

Samuel Uzoechi sammy.uzoechi at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:36:22 UTC 2022

Dear all,

The following should have been sent by Paul, to whom Paschal addressed in
his email. But since his email couldn’t be posted to the list despite
various attempts, I am hereby sending it on his behalf.

I believe Mr Pascal has a misunderstanding on this matter. To clear all
misunderstandings and misconceptions, I am more than happy to clarify in
detail to Mr Pascal, who we are, what we do and our core values and
principles.

NRS is an independent non-profit organization with its own members and it
has no connection with any RIR.

NRS was established as a global non-profit membership organization
advocating for a global unlimited, stable, and united Internet. At NRS, we
recognize the Internet as a universal resource that relies on a global free
market and enterprise with excellent transparency and accountability. Our
main goal is to protect Internet stability and availability, which is
essential for not just businesses who want to operate but for all
end-users. To accomplish this goal, we strive to hold the regional internet
registries (RIR) systems accountable, and make sure they function as they
were created to.

Furthermore, I am eager to also explain it to any of you who may be
interested in NRS privately whilst not taking the liberty to make use of
this public community list.

I appreciate your attention and time.

If you want to know more about NRS or join us to protect the internet,
please visit nrs.help.

Thank you,
Paul.

**
My own input: it is evident that all NRS materials mention the corruption
and problems that exist within AFRINIC. It is totally nonsensical for
anyone to claim to be associated with an organization he just stated as
corrupted and in desperate need to be fixed.
So logically, either the communication goes very wrong, or this message is
manipulated by someone to mislead the community from the real issue.
I am also astonished by the fact that AFRINIC’s board member replied to
this message of one time visit of NRS’ RM but not to various court orders
which forbid AFRINIC to continue unlawful practice (”unlawful” as deemed by
the court, not me). This speaks a lot.

Cheers,
Samuel Uzoechi
Relationship manager