[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Announcement of Final Candidate Slate for AFRINIC Board Elections

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Wed May 11 07:20:44 UTC 2022

Dear members of NomCom,

On 10/05/2022 19:25, AFRINIC Communication wrote:
> Candidates Full Names for the Region: Independent | Seat 7
>
> 4. Mrs Clara Mramba - CV available at https://afrinic.net/clara-mramba
> <https://afrinic.net/clara-mramba>
>
> 5. Mrs Grace Githaiga - CV available
> at https://afrinic.net/grace-githaiga
> <https://afrinic.net/grace-githaiga>
>
> Full candidates information has been published
> at https://afrinic.net/participate/election-process/bod-candidates-slate-2022x
> <https://afrinic.net/participate/election-process/bod-candidates-slate-2022x>
>
> The community and members are hereby invited to view candidates details
> and express any comments about the suitability of the candidates for the
> board position using the comment section at the URL above.

I know of at least one person from Mauritius who was nominated for the
Independent Seat 7 and who IMHO, is a capable candidate who should have
met with all you criteria, but I don't see the name in the list.

May I know on what grounds was the nomination of the Mauritian nominee
rejected?

Ish Sookun

Systems Architect @ La Sentinelle Ltd