[Community-Discuss] Governance Committee Communique

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Sun May 1 03:09:01 UTC 2022

Dear Mirriam,
Apologies for my 'relentless nonsense' and for telling me what is beneath
me. I didn't know that having a PhD is so prestigious that so many things
are now beneath me.  I was thinking that I use the residual knowledge from
my prestigious PhD to enlighten a few community members (i guess people
like you) who might be thinking some of these men are fighting an African
course or let me say for the good of the African community. Be clear, they
are only fighting for their daily bread and the survival of their wife and
Kids.

If you think that it is right for the board members to be the ones to
appoint fellow board members on a long term basis, appoint all members of
the governance committee, all members of the appeal committee and all other
committees and appoint the co-chair for the PDP by proxy then please come
out clearly and say you think it is right.  Let us have it on record. I
have not seen a rationale for this top-down community but who knows.

My mail is just to put things on the record because I know at the moment
there is nothing like the authentic AFRINIC community except a few
individuals who are really honest. God spearing our life, by whatever
means, some of us would come together, we would make it a long term project
to create a community that would be bottom-up but if in the process we also
get power drunk (cos we are also human) no one should now blame anyone.

 Please be clear, I am not a saint, I am not always right but like you
mention I am 100%sure that my prestigious PhD is enough to give me my daily
bread till I die,  I do not intend to get my daily bread from AFRINIC under
the guise of fighting the AFRICAN COURSE.

Yours truly

AK ..*MSc, PhD (Telecommunications/ Electronics Engineering, University of
York, UK.) *

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal
<http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/> PGPortal