[Community-Discuss] Demanding Clarification and/or apology from PTA

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jun 20 06:12:26 UTC 2022

> On Jun 19, 2022, at 06:25 , Amin Dayekh <admin at megamore.ng> wrote:
>
> The discussion here is not about the board.

It is as far as I am concerned.

> Don't confuse Ethical/unethical conduct, with acts against the law.

The board has committed both.

To the best of my knowledge, NRS has committed only unethical/immoral and not illegal acts.

> Offering bribes to influence the outcome of the elections endangers our role as members, questions the integrity of the nominee by such organization using bribe and defamation to take control of AfriNic while fighting it on the other hand,

To the best of my knowledge, NRS has no open litigation against AFRINIC, so I’m not sure what you mean here.

> How members are getting onboarded to such organization? by giving them ipv4 /24 pool and as stated by them (worth 1500$) free of charge and they can use it for as long as the owner doesn't want it for the mean time. This pool of ipv4 is given to encourage people to:
> - join the organization
> - sign NDA
> - sign a petition against afrinic “ the context then was loss of trust”
> - sign documents to transfer your ip resources to RIPE NCC

I have no idea. I have no relationship with NRS.

> Microsoft took immediate steps to regain the public image and maybe still working on that, we never heard of Microsoft bribing members of Apnic to put a board of directors in Apnic to act as their minions.

There are still open questions around the ethics of how Microsoft managed to “comply” with ARIN policies in justifying the need for the IPv4 addresses they acquired from Nortel.

> The practice is questionable and doubtful as well as the intentions, why would someone spend this amount of money to win an election to board ? If you say to make changes fir the (transparency and accountability) etc  I would say baby-girls believe in unicorns and a few until they are 18, just like how we all believed once (because of media) that there is a superhero somewhere called Superman.

Again, you should ask the NRS directly. As I said, I have no affiliation with NRS.

Owen