[Community-Discuss] ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERS’ MEETING (AGMM)

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed Jun 8 04:19:04 UTC 2022

In regards to the below thread - let me point out that at the agmm - the entire board was on stage.

When questions were asked of the board - they were deferred to the individual best positioned to answer them (or best positioned to avoid answering them - take your pick)

Effectively - the board had 9 "representatives" on the stage - and the chairs of finco and auditco etc dealt with different aspects.

A similar situation can and should exist with members - a member may have different people who are separately qualified to ask questions about specific knowledge domains. This is especially important considering that some questions may require clarification after being asked - as an example please see the clarifications requested of me by the chair of I believe the auditco in the meeting. This can someone require specialized knowledge to provide those clarifications - hence an organization needing multiple representatives in the same way the board needs multiple people on stage.

Andrew