[Community-Discuss] ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERS’ MEETING (AGMM)

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:09:13 UTC 2022

{remove members-discuss at afrinic.net}
Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Hope this email finds you in good health!

Thanks to find my comments below, inline...

Le jeudi 2 juin 2022, Owen DeLong via Community-Discuss <
community-discuss at afrinic.net> a écrit :

> On Jun 1, 2022, at 12:25 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>

> On Wed, 1 Jun 2022, 22:51 Ish Sookun, <ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Noah,
>>
>> On 1 Jun 2022, at 22:22, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>>
>> Part of the above sentence reads ...
>>
>> appoint "A" representative….
>>

>> I understand the “A” and the second word is “representative”. A
>> representative can be a person or a group of persons.
>>

> Hi Ish
>
> English is not my lingo as Swahili was my first language and primary
> language but I tend to think that the meaning changes depending on how
> words are contracted together.
>
> 1. A representative of....
> 2. Representatives of....
> 3. Representative
> 4. Representatives...
>
> Do all the above have the same meaning.
>

> It depends on the context, but certainly there is overlap of meaning
> amongst those terms.
>
> [...]
>
> In such a case of ambiguity, especially in a context where, as Andrew
> mentions, legal counsel being present to advise would be potentially
> important, “A representative” should be construed to include whatever
> “representative” the entity deems necessary to constitute “a
> representative”, even if that includes a team of people.

Hi Owen,
Thanks for your email, brother.

...considering the very context, what's your
understanding of the content of "a" here, please.

Look! the sentence ends with a simple comparison;
 isn't that the key for a common understanding of
the appropriate content of the word representative?

In other words: find the way *a* proxy is designated,
then you should be able to know more about the
first *a*...

Thanks once more!

Shalom,
--sb.