[Community-Discuss] ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERS’ MEETING (AGMM)

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Wed Jun 1 15:18:07 UTC 2022

Dear AFRINIC Legal,

> On 31 May 2022, at 16:23, legal at afrinic.net wrote:
>
> 5.1  You may access the AGMM 2022 online platform via the following url https://ais.conf.meetecho.com/conference/?group=agmm <https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/2QqSCqj5pKCJB5RhXVz3p>. You will receive a special token by Wednesday, 01 June 2022, that will enable you to log onto the online platform and participate in the AGMM 2022. You are further informed that since a corporation may be represented by ONE representative at the AGMM, once a representative of a Resource Member has accessed the AGMM platform, no-other will be able to access the same using the same token. All other interested persons may, however, follow the AGMM proceedings through AFRINIC’s youtube channel.

I read Article 12.14(9) of the AFRINIC Bylaws. It says that corporations may act by representative. In the above you say ONE representative. Nowhere in the Bylaws or the Companies Act 2001 of Mauritius, the word “representative” is defined as being ONE “person”.

Can you please help me understand this? Do the Bylaws prevent in any way, for a Resource Member to be represented by ONE “group” of two persons? The two persons being ONE representative of the Resource Member?

Regards,

———

Ish Sookun

Systems Architect @ La Sentinelle Ltd