[Community-Discuss] ID verification on the Database Working Group mailing list

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon Jan 24 21:25:51 UTC 2022

Sander -

You and I agree on many things - we will differ on this one.

If you wish to show your identity documents to AfriNIC though that is your choice - but it is a choice - me? I choose not to show a document which contains sensitive information to just anyone.

My birthday - they can have - my name they know well - my identification number and/or passport number has nothing to do with them.

I might point out that a lot of people submitted such data to AfriNIC once upon a time for dealing with customs and visas for a particular meeting - said information ended up.... let's just say a lot more public than it should have been.

Sorry - not happening

Andrew