[Community-Discuss] ID verification on the Database Working Group mailing list

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon Jan 24 11:18:32 UTC 2022

While affiliation is important - I think it’s relatively easy to solve - enforce a rule in the code of conduct that demands that posts contain either a statement of affiliation in the signature - or the company handle you are speaking on behalf of.

If you are speaking in private capacity - the signatures can still be there and a clear statement that you are speaking in private capacity.

This means the companies can deal with the offenders if they speak without authorization or if the signatures are fake.

Andrew