[Community-Discuss] [arin-ppml] Update on Litigation Between AFRINIC and Cloud Innovation ltd

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jan 7 17:09:12 UTC 2022

> On Dec 30, 2021, at 02:14 , DANIEL NANGHAKA <dndannang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder why some members can't let the court of law do its work.
>
> AFRINIC has provided updates to the community where necessity of the update is important.

Several of which have contained false or misleading claims and most of which have been quite incomplete.

> If CI is to do there press releases, there is no problem as it is also noted that they should present facts and not mislead the community.

I think you mean “their press releases”.

Again, I am questioning the claim that what CI has presented is not factual or is misleading… IF someone actually wants to make
such a claim, then let them say exactly what the believe to be false or misleading and offer evidence to refute it. So far, that has
not happened.

> CI's press release looks vague and does not give detailed information. If you do a press release then present the exact issues otherwise just shut up and let the courts do there job.

AFRINIC’s press releases have been similarly vague and have not offered detailed information. This is the nature of the limits
of what you can say when involved in litigation to some extent. Beyond that, of course both parties will attempt to convey themselves
in the best light as they attempt to gain ground in public opinion.

While I do some consulting for Cloud Innovation, I am not Cloud Innovation and I speak my own mind. I am as likely to criticize
Cloud Innovation as Praise it. When I believe AFRINIC has done something right, I will say so. When I believe AFRINIC is
violating its own policies and ignoring its own rules, I will say so.

Your criticism of the vagueness of press releases may be legitimate, but if so then it applies equally to both sides.

However, the press releases around these cases have been no more or less vague than virtually any other similar dispute
throughout history and this is generally true of both sides.

Owen