[Community-Discuss] Update on the complaint lodged against AFRINIC at the Competition Commission of Mauritius

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Feb 17 17:48:29 UTC 2022

I’m not sure I was clear.

I understand that there may be confidential details from any of the parties, but not the overall claim and the overall decision.

It will be very strange, at least in democratic countries (I can understand that in dictatorial regimes, obviously), that such kind of claims are confidential or even the resolution, etc. Transparency is a must in democracy.

I don’t think it is good to have a RIR in a country where public authorities keep such kind of information confidential. It is extremely risky for the RIR.

For example, in the EU, all the complains for monopoly, GDPR, court decisions … (just to name a few), which affect either citizens or organizations are made public and if any personal data is in those documents, it is just redacted, but only the personal info – anything else is published openly.