[Community-Discuss] Lu Heng + Larus and the Number Resource Society

Lu Heng h.lu at anytimechinese.com
Sun Sep 26 13:23:22 UTC 2021

As exactly that, Owen does not make a representation of me, or any of
the company some might think he represents, his understanding is
entirely his own and does not speak for me, or NRS.

To my understanding, NRS is not trying to make representation of
anyone here in the community, and it never did, it's passing on a
teaching/a view of the world some might find acceptable, some may find
not.

Just like earlier days of RIPE meeting no one talks to me but Rob, and
he teaches me on what turns out to be my understanding of the system.

In RIPE meetings we always hear this disclaimer that "my views are my
own" "xxx. internet person", and yes, I fully understand and support
it.

On Sun, 26 Sept 2021 at 21:05, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

> Hi Lu,

> > An avocation does not constitute policy. An private NGO can not make top down policy in the society. Afrinic can not, NRS can not.

> As Owen told me "It is intended to be (to some extent) a lobbying group on behalf of its members.". Even if it is just limited to that, it goes against all bottom-up fundamentals. There is no place for advocacy/lobbying in a bottom-up community.

> You always tell me that you base your ideas on those of Rob Blokzijn. Well, then follow his basic rule: everybody speaks for themselves, and only for themselves. In a bottom-up community there is no place for "representation" of groups. Everybody's voice counts exactly the same. That is a rule that was at the heart of Rob's teachings.

> Cheers,

> Sander

Kind regards.
Lu