[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Update on legal case

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Jul 30 09:04:37 UTC 2021

In message <6461148.bqoun3lxAu at coffee-bar>,
Ish Sookun <ish at lsldigital.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 30 July 2021 03:47:51 +04 Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

>> You're confused Jordi. Do you really think that just by sitting here

>> in California and using the AFRINIC WHOIS server, I have subjected

>> myself to the jurisdiction of Mauritius??

>I believe by using a service offered by an organisation within the Mauritian

>jurisdiction makes it so that your data is treated under Mauritian laws.

>Jordi is right to say that the national law is on top of organisation rules.

Are you an attorney? Are you licenced to practice law in Mauritius?

Can you show me the black letter case law that supports your beliefs?

Assuming that the answer to all three questions is "no" then your opinion
on this matter has no more weight or validity than mine.

Besides which, you are utterly ignoring the United Nations Universal
Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19, which takes precedence over
Mauritian law.

https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/udhr.pdf

Regards,
rfg