[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] STATEMENT OF TANZANIA ISP ASSOCIATION (TISPA) -        Regarding AFRINIC

Matogoro Jabera jaberamatogoro at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 06:37:20 UTC 2021

I am sending my congratulations to TISPA for showing the way. This has been
our spirit since then, we will always be there for any initiative designed
to impact African Independence to its matter.

"The role of Tanzania in fostering African Liberation movements

The emergence of organised popular liberation movements throughout Africa
following the end of the Second World War was a crucial factor in achieving
independence for many African countries. Tanzania played an important role
in assisting these movements and acted as a consistent opponent of colonial
rule in Africa. In particular, Julius Nyerere – the architect of Tanzania’s
independence and the country’s first President – was a key figure in the
struggle against foreign domination, and helped to popularise the concept
of Pan-African unity."

Africa should remember, there are still many Julius Nyerere in Tanzania. We
stand with Afrinic and we will be against anyone supporting any movement to
negatively impact the operation of AFRINIC. Read, The African Network
Information Centre (AFRINIC) is a Regional Internet Registry (RIR) for
Africa and the Indian Ocean region, AFRINIC is responsible for the
distribution and management of Internet number resources.

Regards,
---
MATOGORO Jabhera
Assistant Lecturer and Coordinator for Research & Publication
College of Informatics and Virtual Education
The University of Dodoma
Website: www.udom.ac.tz