[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Paul Wollner paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net
Thu Jul 29 21:12:38 UTC 2021

The concerns expressed by TISPA, as well as other concerned parties and especially by AFRINIC's  own admission in the news outlet lexpress.mu, which is attached to this email, regarding the AFRINIC’s inability to keep providing its core registry functions due to its inability to meet its financial requirements.

I suggest that in order not hold end users, ISPs and any other business's hostage, for the interest of continue service of AFRINIC’s core registry service, we should urgently call for NRO fulfil their responsibility as well as commitment to the global internet to take over AFRINIC’s registration service for the time being, until litigation is settled some time later. (https://www.nro.net/accountability/rir-accountability/joint-rir-stability-fund/)

That way, no end user or business will ever impacted however results come out of litigation.

Regards

Paul Wollner