[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC's Update (with translation)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jul 28 02:41:24 UTC 2021

> On Jul 27, 2021, at 13:28 , Marcus K. G. Adomey <madomey at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Owen,

> Why are you so desperate?

Desparate?

> You went with an ex parte request and AFRINIC also went ex parte request to which the Judge declined to grant and instead asked CI, your principals, to prove why to not grant AFRINIC request.

I think you have it wrong here.

First, I didn’t go with any request. Cloud Innovation and its lawyers went before the court with
an ex parte request.

The judge did NOT decline to grant our request… They declined to grant AFRINIC’s request and asked AFRINIC
to come and show why their request should be granted.

Indeed, it is this detail where Eddy left out the fact that the judge declined AFRINIC’s request that I was calling attention
to in the post you are responding to. Despite this fact, you still managed to get it wrong, so obviously, there is confusion
in the community based on Eddy’s failure to disclose the entire truth of the matter to the community. The proof is plain
in your statements above.

> Is this not normal process?

It is fairly normal, yes.

> Can we let the court case play out ?

Sure… It will. I’m not doing anything to interfere with it. I merely provided some details which the AFRINIC CEO chose not
to share with the community and a copy of the actual court order to back up those details.

> Your obsession to deal with the "vaporware" is known and like you were proven wrong that AFRINIC wasn't one, we are yet to see the result of this new attempt.

You continue to focus on this. At the time I made the statement, AFRINIC was still vaporware. Despite your claims, I am glad to see that AFRINIC came to
fruition and my true desire here is to see it become a reputable RIR operating within the mandate of its governing documents in an open and transparent
manner with an accountable board and staff where the community and members can once again trust in those governing bodies.

> Please leave AFRICA on its own...

And once again, you try to encourage me to leave the discussions. I would think by now that you would have learned this is not going to happen.

Owen