[Community-Discuss] Share About Cloud Innovation Ltd and their business

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Jul 27 22:05:39 UTC 2021

In message <8430721b-7fcd-e6ec-8b20-b0af673ae9eb at geier.ne.tz>,
Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

>Currently, I believe that. That back then the justification was ok.

Friends, I like to think that many, perhaps most, perhaps all of you
either know me or at least know of me. I am a skeptic. Not just
about some things, but about everything. And I also like to think
that my skepticism has been of some value, not just to myself but
also to this community.

As was already noted by Frank, none of us have any legal right to see
any of Cloud Innovation's internal documents, regardless of whether they
are from seven days ago or seven years ago, and Cloud Innovation is most
certainly under no legal obligation, nor even any moral or ethical
obligation to provide any such internal documents to any of us.

That having been said, my own curiosity knows no bounds, and I personally
would be interested to see how a request for some 6,291,456 IPv4 addresses
would have been justified, back in 2013 & 2014. At the very least, I am
sure that would be educational.

And just so that nobody thinks that I am taking sides here, let me also
say that there are, as of now, on the order of several dozen answers to
questions and pieces of information that I would also like to obtain from
AFRINIC, some of which I have been requesting from AFRINIC for literally
years already, but that I am also not privy to at the present time. (To
put in bluntly, AFRINIC is and has been stonewalling me about a LOT of
things over a long period of time.)

In short, from where I am sitting, *everybody* is hiding something, and
I don't believe that any of this information hiding is being done for my
benefit -or- for the benefit of the AFRINIC community. The folks doing
the hiding are looking after their own interests.

Regards,
rfg