[Community-Discuss] Share About Cloud Innovation Ltd and their business

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Jul 27 19:26:15 UTC 2021

On 27/07/2021 19:27, Owen DeLong wrote:

>> On Jul 27, 2021, at 00:31 , Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz

>> <mailto:geier at geier.ne.tz>> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> did any of those make any commitment like "we are using these to connect

>> our customers in Africa" ?

> I have no idea what they did or did not commit to with regards to Africa.

> How is that relevant to the question at hand regarding the amount of address

> space in question?

I really hope we can agree that AfriNIC did never outright "sell" the IP
address space. But gave the right to use subject to justification(s).

If not, we seem to live in different universes.

>> Did CI?

> 7 years ago, CI made such a statement. CI subsequently adapted to the

> changing business

> environment and expanded its operations to include both Africa and other

> continents. CI

> submitted appropriate updates to WHOIS as these changes occurred.

I am not sure whether AfriNIC expanded it's acceptance for the use of IP
resources by CI to the same extent.

>> PS: I count connectivity to a VM hosted by CI as ok, but not leasing

>> just the IP to an entity without providing them any connectivity.

> Where is your basis in policy for this?

In the justification from CI for the IP address space. which I haven't
seen. Want to share?

Frank