[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Update on legal case

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Jul 27 06:54:28 UTC 2021

In message <DF70C43D-3212-43CC-BFC1-D45839026369 at delong.com>,
Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> 2. https://bgp.he.net/AS328608#_prefixes

>This shows that Africa on Cloud carries a number of prefixes for

>Cloud Innovation as well as prefixes for a number of other

>organizations. As such, it appears that Cloud Innovation is one

>of several customers doing business with Africa On Cloud.

Come on Owen. Who are you kidding? The page linked to above shows that
Africa on Cloud is almost entirely dependent on Cloud Innovation for its
IP address space.

As I think you must well know, being as you are, and like me, a resident
of the U.S.A., the Republicans here in the U.S. are now trying to pretend
that the so-called "Capitol Riot" of January 6th never happened... that
is was all just a bunch of over-exuberant "tourists". But the videos and
that visuals show clearly otherwise.

Are you going to be like the Republicans? Are you going to ask people to
ignore the clear evidence that's in front of their eyes?

>How, exactly, does this show Africa On Cloud to be "associated" in the

>way Gregoire intended to imply?

Please stop making inferences about what you -believe- people had "intended"
to say. If there is some doubt, then ask first before you assume. That
way maybe this list can still contain some light and not just all heat.

It is best to try to be generous and to *not* to assume that everyone you
may have a disagreement with has a 100% black heart.

In any case, the data at the link above demonstrates quite persuasively that
there *is* some finite non-zero business relationship between Africa on Cloud
on the one hand and Cloud Innovation on the other hand. I personally have
no idea what that relationship is, or what it may signify, and thus I
personally do not care to jump to any specific conclusion about that
relationship, or its possible significance or insignificance. But to try
to deny that there exists -any- relationship whatsoever, in spite of the
clear evidence, is worse than disingenuous. It is silly.

Regards,
rfg