[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC continued failure to comply with court order

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jul 15 09:00:15 UTC 2021

While it took AFRINIC very little time to process the board action on July 8, 2021, despite a court order on July 13 and a very solid confirmation of that order this morning, AFRINIC still hasn’t managed to reverse their adverse actions and remains in violation of said court order.

As of 12:50 PM July 15, 2021, our whois entries remain tagged with the termination message and with AFRINIC’s information.
Our My AFRINIC account still has not been restored.
Our RPKI updates remain unprocessed.

AFRINIC has had more than 48 hours since the initial order to restore our data and more than 2 hours since the confirming order this morning.

How come they are able to break things so quickly, yet show such foot-dragging when it comes time to fix things?

Regardless of what you think of Cloud Innovation, surely AFRINIC’s refusal to follow the law and comply with a court order on a timely basis must cause great concerns for this community.