[Community-Discuss] [rpd] ARIN without Owen Delong ?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jul 13 17:03:19 UTC 2021

Apologies to the list for this off-topic posting, but given the unwarranted attention already paid to the
matter and the escalating level of speculation, I beg your indulgence. This will (hopefully) be the
only post I make on the matter here.

For clarity:

1. I chose to resign my position on the ARIN AC. I was not forced to resign. I did not have to resign.
So your speculation is neither accurate, nor appropriate and the implications are offensive.

2. I chose to resign in order to have greater freedom and flexibility to advocate for changes in the
internet community, some of which would be considered a conflict of interest with my role as
an Advisory Council member. While I have been outspoken by most standards, the reality is
that my position on the AC did serve as a significant restraint to my speech in many cases.
The time has come where I felt the need to remove that restraint in order to best serve the
community.

Reading anything other than the above into it would be a mistake and further speculation is very
unlikely to produce any accurate conclusions.

If anyone has questions about my resignation, they are free to ask me directly, but this really is
not an appropriate topic for this list.

Owen