[Community-Discuss] Notice of imminent reclamation of number resources

Erick Joshua Lagon erickj.lagon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 08:21:54 UTC 2021

Hello,

It’s privacy infringement if it’s a private matter. How is this a private
matter when concerning clearly tons of users? I have to say it’s the second
time I saw Paul Wollner posted, and I hope AFRINIC will not ignore him and
address his questions. We’re in a supposedly transparent community.

Regards,
Erick

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 3:50 PM Mimi dy <dym5328 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> I think that Paul has the right to request such information. As far as I

> am concerned, any open and transparent community to the best of its

> capacity, allows its members to be informed and provides any sort of useful

> piece of info. It is no secret that those particular values are the bedrock

> of the whole RIR system. In fact, this matter concerns not only the named

> company but also millions of users, I think Eddy has stated it himself in

> his email.

> That is NOT a "private" matter, it certainly concerns a much broader group

> of people and we would like the community to be fully included in this

> process, in the light of understanding the process of how such a decision

> is made.

> Best,

> Le ven. 9 juil. 2021 à 07:56, DANIEL NANGHAKA <dndannang at gmail.com> a

> écrit :

>> Dear Paul,

>> I don't think who voted is of importance to the community. We need to

>> protect the privacy of the board members.

>> The information you are requesting for infringes on privacy rights of the

>> board.

>> Otherwise, thanks for your concern.

>> Daniel Nanghaka

>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2021, 9:49 AM Paul Wollner <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net>

>> wrote:

>>> To whom it may concern,

>>> I believe the community would be most interested to see the notice,

>>> attendance, and voting

>>> record of the recent board meeting where Cloud Innovation’s membership

>>> was summarily

>>> terminated without notice and without opportunity to respond or appear

>>> in their own defense.

>>> I think the community would be most interested to know:

>>> 1. Which board members agreed to the meeting on short notice?

>>> 2. Which board members voted in favor of the motion and which

>>> against?

>>> 3. Who tabled and who seconded the motion?

>>> 4. What was the nature and extent of deliberations?

>>> 5. Why the urgency to act so swiftly after the judge set aside the

>>> order?

>>> 6. When was the meeting noticed?

>>> 7. When did the meeting take place?

>>> 8. How/where did the meeting take place?

>>> Regards,

>>> Paul Wollner

>>> ---- On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 23:14:18 +0200 Eddy Kayihura<eddy at afrinic.net>

>>> wrote ----

>>> Dear Colleagues,

>>> AFRINIC hereby informs all those concerned that it has initiated

>>> actions for the reclamation of Internet number resources from Cloud

>>> Innovation Ltd.

>>> On 07 July 2021, the Supreme Court of Mauritius delivered a judgement

>>> whereby the application for injunction lodged by Cloud Innovation Ltd has

>>> been set aside.

>>> Consequently, on 08 July 2021, AFRINIC’s Board of Directors, whilst

>>> acting reasonably and in good faith, more so, in light of the judgment of

>>> the Supreme Court of Mauritius, found that Cloud Innovation Ltd failed to

>>> honour its obligations under the Registration Service Agreement and has

>>> thus decided to terminate the membership of Cloud Innovation Ltd as

>>> well as reclaim its number resources in the following manner:

>>> - The resources previously allocated to Cloud Innovation Ltd will be

>>> ‘frozen’ on the AFRINIC WHOIS database with Cloud Innovation Ltd no longer

>>> having access to the same.

>>> -

>>> In order not to disrupt Internet connectivity of the relevant users

>>> especially in the current context of the COVID-19 pandemic, all affected

>>> users will exceptionally be granted a grace period of 90 days to consider

>>> other available options in their best interests. Consequently, the actual

>>> reclamation of the relevant number resources will occur following the

>>> expiry of the grace period.

>>> Eddy Kayihura

>>> Chief Executive Officer,

>>> African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC)

>>> ceo at afrinic.net

>>> Chers collègues,

>>> AFRINIC informe toutes les personnes concernées qu'elle a entamé des

>>> actions de réclamation des ressources de numéros Internet auprès de Cloud

>>> Innovation Ltd.

>>> Le 07 juillet 2021, la Cour Suprême de Maurice a rendu un jugement par

>>> lequel la demande d'injonction déposée par Cloud Innovation Ltd a été

>>> rejetée.