[Community-Discuss] [afnog] Updates on the misappropriation of IPv4 resources

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Jan 31 23:06:53 UTC 2021

> On Jan 30, 2021, at 5:52 PM, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:54 PM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:

>> There's quite a lot of sordid details that

>> I know about, and I've only publicly disclosed a subset of those.

>> Please do this community a final favor and publish all details rather than just subsets of your research.

> That’s an unfair ask under the circumstances.

> Come'on Dude...

> There are many reasons not to publicly disclose certain data, including:

> + Protecting the confidential source of that data

> + Data which might compromise an ongoing investigation

> + Data which disclosure would violate an NDA

> + Data which could cause harm to third parties

> FWIW, Ron can share that information with AFRINIC directly.....

> Noah

And he may well have done so. You asked for public disclosure.

Re-read your post above if you think I’m wrong about that…
“final favor and publish all details…”

Publish is a public disclosure… They even come from the same root word.

Disclosure to AfriNIC privately is an option and RFG has not stated to what
extent he has or hasn’t done so. He only spoke about the extent to which he
has made public disclosures.