[Community-Discuss] Ancient History

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Aug 25 00:39:50 UTC 2021

In message <CAGDMR_fAkT_p+7OptPWgsp8rmwqbLer2teU1hQ=enzhTn9nORQ at mail.gmail.com>
Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now he becomes stutterer, in front of, again simple questions requiring

>just as simple Boolean answers, questions asked by Ronald.

These are difficult times and it is only natural that emotions are running
high. Nontheless I would ask that everyone be as generous and respectful
as possible, even under the present hard circumstances.

It is entirely understandable that Owen should not have complete and very
detailed knowledge of the entire history of all of the prior business
endeavors of all of his consulting clients, back to the beginning of time.
This is no sin. None of us knows everything about everyone. And it is
sufficient for me that he has answered honestly, and said that he is not
in possession of any contrary facts which might cause him to dispute the
information that I posted.

Arguably, it is of more concern that, having been asked the questions, Owen
does not appear to be particularly eager to plumb these historical depths,
or to ask his employer any questions relating to these past events. But
even that is forgivable, I think. It is said "Let he who is without sin
cast the first stone", and who among us, being human as we all are, has
not on occasion found himself reluctant to inquire too deeply into certain
subjects out of a reasonable concern about what we might learn by so doing?

Regards,
rfg