[Community-Discuss] FUNDRAISING & DONATIONS - TO KEEP AFRINIC RUNNING

Brian Sowers b.sowers154 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:58:29 UTC 2021

Bukola,

A mailing list is a sounding board for members to voice their opinions. Normally I wouldn’t care about this initiative, but unless AFRINIC undergoes a change of culture away from its history of fraud, opaqueness, and scandals, I will continue to voice my opinion. Why send funds to an organization that wouldn’t be out of its character to siphon away or skim off the top of for private interests? This initiative is to maintain the status quo and is one I don’t agree with. This community mustn’t forget that change is good lest it suffers from the same pattern of ill-advised policy, corruption, and fraud. It is quite possible for a RIR undergoing litigation to bypass scrutiny from the community concerning its financial matters, but not now with AFRINIC.

-Brian