[Community-Discuss] FUNDRAISING & DONATIONS - TO KEEP AFRINIC RUNNING

Mary Lee Salazar mpsalazar1 at up.edu.ph
Thu Aug 19 13:00:19 UTC 2021

Hello!

It baffles me to think about whether or not these funds are for the payroll
of the AFRINIC employees. How will AFRINIC address these issues, alongside
the legal intricacies it may bring? AFRINIC has not given any consolidated
plan of action to address the issue of its employee payroll. I hope this
will not be an issue of the captain abandoning a sinking ship because if it
ever is, it will undoubtedly taint AFRINIC's reputation. How will AFRINIC
take responsibility for their employees if push comes to shove?

ML

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 6:59 PM Ibeanusi Elvis <ibeanusielvis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,

> Regarding the legalities of this initiative, I would want to verify

> something; did a lawyer review this idea to ensure that this initiative

> will not be viewed in contempt with regards to the decision of the

> Mauritius court? As we all know, donation drives like these should work

> within the perimeters and bounds of the law and AFRINIC still has an

> ongoing lawsuit, will it not be counterproductive in the part of AFRINIC?

> From where I stand, this initiative happened in a whim and we do not know

> if this initiative has all of the proper safeguard to ensure its

> legitimacy. I hope someone addresses this issue.

> Elvis.

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 5:44 Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

>> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 22:55 Andrew Alston via Community-Discuss, <

>>> John