[Community-Discuss] FUNDRAISING & DONATIONS - TO KEEP AFRINIC RUNNING

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Aug 18 15:33:41 UTC 2021

In message <AS8PR03MB762211F3869F9F172B04D60AEEFF9 at AS8PR03MB7622.eurprd03.prod.outlook.com>,
Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:

>The contingent liability stuff - I actually see sense in this - however - that

>neglects the second part of my question - regarding section 162 of the

>companies act - that has nothing to do with contingent liability. Section 162

>of the companies act says - "Unable to pay debtors" - with no qualifications -

Long long ago, I had my very own LLC company here in the U.S.

When I had it, it racked up certain liabilities... electricity, rent, etc.

There were certain times during this period when I unavoidably found it
necessary to visit the restroom, or what much of the rest of the world
refers to as the water closet.

During these brief periods of time, I found it essentially impossible to
pay the company's outstanding bills. (This was prior to modern cell phones
and pay-by-phone facilities.)

Andrew is correct that the companies law of Mauritius admits of no exceptions
which would legally cover such transient circumstances, and thus, it pleases
me no end that I created my LLC in the United States, rather than Mauritius,
where economic justice is apparently swift, even for those temporarily
dispossessed of the ability to pay their bills by the irresistable requirements
of nature.

Regards,
rfg