[Community-Discuss] [ripe-list] INRs War (was: Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Aug 6 14:39:34 UTC 2021

Shalom Sylvain,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 2:13 PM Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> {apologies for crossposting}

> Dear RIPE-Lister,

> Hope you are well.

> Please see my comments below, inline...

> Le mar. 3 août 2021 à 10:07 AM, Daniel Karrenberg <dfk at ripe.net> a écrit :

>> On 2 Aug 2021, at 20:45, Randy Bush wrote:

>> > ignore the lies and escalation. it is just designed to

>> > create doubt and confusion.

Time and space has a way of revealing the truth.

>> Could not agree more.

> Hi Daniel,

> Thanks for your email, brother.

> ...this is an *INRs War*. it's no more only

> about few/full lies.

> It seems as AfriNIC is just the first step...

No kidding, inlight of the so-called Number Resources Alliance which I 100%
is backed by IPv$ brokers for Larus at the front line.

> This guy quotes his very own comment on Rob

>> Blokzijl’s obituary and puts his own words in the mouth of Rob who

>> cannot do anything about it anymore. He even puts this ‘quote’ in

>> the charter of his new anti-RIR club. Distasteful. A disgrace.

> ...from the home page of the NRA:

> ~°~

> NUMBER

> RESOURCES

> SOCIETY

> "RIR is just a bookkeeper"

What they don't know is that an RIR like AFRINIC does more than just the
registry services even though Lu Heng our of ignorance mistakenly thinks
the RIR is a bookkeeper like wannabe mini-RIR Larus.

1. AFRINIC for instance is involved with a number of other activities

- Internet Number Resources Management
- Resource Certification Program (RPKI)
- Internet Routing Registry (IRR)
- DNSSEC Program
- WHOIS Services
- Training Services in Collaboration with NOG's
- Online Services
- DNS Support Program
- Root Server Copy Programme
- Services like my.afrinic.net

2. AFRINIC carries out Research for the benefit of wide membership like:

- Internet Technical Infrastructure
- Internet Access
- Internet Policy and Governance
- Internet Resilience
- Internet Standards and Protocols
- Internet Measurement

3. AFRINIC providers Fund for Internet Research and Education and other
Internet initiatives across AFRICA.

4. AFRINIC supports Internet Exchange Points across AFRICA

*Does LARUS Limited and its Larus Foundation have such capabilities? or any
IPv$ broker out there.?*

Cheers,
Noah