[Community-Discuss] NRO MoU section 9. Advisory Appeals Process (was: ICANN ( NRO ) vs LARUS (NRA))

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 10:23:05 UTC 2021

{start new thread from [*]}
Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Le jeudi 5 août 2021, Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I think we are in violent agreement my brother :-)

Hi Mike,
...thanks for this last note, brother ;-)

You know, the situation is critical, as an *army*
has started to recruit here: nra.help; for its
*INRs War* against RFC7020: thus, against all
the Internet Numbers Registry System; starting
by AfriNIC.

While scrolling one [1] of those archives, i discovered
that this regional RIR miss a policy to benefit, the
arbitration tool provided to RIRs through the NRO
MoU section 9; titled: Advisory Appeals Process.
__
[*]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-August/004667.html

[1]: <https://www.nro.net/nro-memorandum-of-understanding/>

Please Mike, but open to all, are you willing to
check whether this could ameliorate, the addressing
of conflictual relations between a regional RIR
and its resource members?

...then, please, let me know if we could prepare
a DPP to be submitted soon :-/

~°~

9. Advisory Appeals Process
The NRO shall establish an NRO Advisory Appeals Panel, with one
representative from each RIR region, but whose members shall not be
employees or Board members of the RIRs. Advisory Appeals Panel members
shall be knowledgeable members of the Internet community proposed for this
role by the NRO Executive Council, for the purpose of hearing complaints
relating to failure on the part of an RIR, the NRO or an NRO
suborganization to follow its documented policy development process
concerning global IP number resource policies. The panel shall not decide
on the merit(s), or lack thereof regarding the underlying policies, but may
provide a written report to the Executive Council indicating the Advisory
Appeals Panel’s evaluation of the complaint.

The Advisory Appeals Panel shall adopt such policies and procedures as are
necessary to make it accessible and open, transparent and documented. These
policies and procedures should include, but are not limited to, voluntary
or requested recusal of representatives, procedures for reporting to the
Executive Council, and procedures to address any allegation of fraudulent
or dishonest conduct by representatives.

The Advisory Appeals Panel, at its sole discretion, may dismiss frivolous,
repetitive or nuisance complaints without further review. The Advisory
Appeals Panel decision is intended to serve as a persuasive advisory
opinion, and it provides no basis for legal action in any jurisdiction.
~°~

Shalom,
--sb.

> On 5 Aug 2021, at 10:51, Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> {excuse the late response, please!}

> Dear AfriNIC's Community,

> Le lundi 2 août 2021, Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com> a écrit :

>> Hi Sylvain

> Hi Mike,

> Thanks for your email, brother.

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)