[Community-Discuss] South Africa ISPA Statement on Recent AFRINIC developments

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Aug 3 09:53:12 UTC 2021

In message <CAF4kYpvTgXGo4u2SSJHBUNsOQ6WEz4JMtxx=6YbhV2E57t+siQ at mail.gmail.com>
Paul Hjul <hjul.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You and I both know that no such judicial order would ever have been

>> issued by any U.S. court,

> take it you have not read *United States ex rel. Rahman v. Oncology

>Assocs.*, 198 F.3d 489 (4th Cir. 1999)

C'mon Paul. Get serious. The facts of that case were TOTALLY different
and in that case the court considered and reasonably found that Defendant
was actively engaged in trying to hide assets:

https://casetext.com/case/us-ex-rel-rahman-v-oncology-associates-2

"The district court entered a pre-judgment, asset-freezing injunction
on the United States' allegations that the defendant oncology service
providers defrauded the Medicare and CHAMPUS programs and thereafter
were engaging in complex reorganizations and transfers of assets to
insulate themselves from liability."

Show me where AFRINIC took *any* action to in any way remove any of its
bank assets or to place any of them in any place outside of the jurisdiction
of, or beyond the control of the court.

You can't, because it didn't happen.

>The only reason the restraint "threatens" the

>existence of the organization is because the organizations finances have

>not been arranged in a proper way.

That is also bullshit.

>I am also increasingly suspecting that a language or numbering conversion

>error and that the amount of 1.8 billion dollars is an urban legend.

Suspect whatever you like. Some people are possessed of the facts, even
if you have failed to adequately acquaint yourself with them.

Regards,
rfg