[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:40:35 UTC 2021

Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Le dim. 1 août 2021 à 10:58 AM, Paul Wollner <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net>
a écrit :

> Hello community

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your email, brother.

...please, next time, replace community by its
plural...unless you test your *globalisation*?

> I think I misused the word “take over” to spike some unfortunate

> sentiments.

...i see!
So, you acknowledge to be wrong in your
haste?

...please, come down, brother!

> Let me try this again:

> In the interest of internet continuity, another RIR

...i would have expected that the ressource
member which caused this concern would
have been your first recommended choice :-/

should help AFRINIC (by staff or infrastructure), to perform it’s core

> registration service function for the time being,

NRA.help | Number Richers Alliance? :-/

> until all AFRINIC litigation has been sorted to avoid disruption to our

> African end users and businesses.

...which *African* end users? imho, your real
fear seem to be the lost of connectivity of the
90%, out-of-region, customer base of the LIR
which sued its parent-RIR and started an
*INRs War* against the RFC7020, against the
entire Internet Number Registry System, through
the NRA.help project.

Shalom,
--sb.

> Regards

> Paul

> ---- On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 23:38:32 +0200 *Paul Wollner

> <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net>>* wrote

> ----

> Apologies for the duplicate post, but the initial posting was too large.

> The concerns expressed by TISPA, as well as other concerned parties and

> especially by AFRINIC's own admission in the news outlet lexpress.mu,

> which is available at https://ibb.co/tmWCk0k, regarding the AFRINIC’s

> inability to keep providing its core registry functions due to its

> inability to meet its financial requirements.

> I suggest that in order not hold end users, ISPs and any other business's

> hostage, for the interest of continue service of AFRINIC’s core registry

> service, we should urgently call for NRO fulfil their responsibility as

> well as commitment to the global internet to take over AFRINIC’s

> registration service for the time being, until litigation is settled some

> time later. (https://www.nro.net/accountability/rir-

> accountability/joint-rir-stability-fund/)

> That way, no end user or business will ever impacted however results come

> out of litigation.

> Regards

> Paul Wollner

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)