[Community-Discuss] Correction to my previous email

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Aug 1 03:03:13 UTC 2021

In message <C3B6DC5F-1CFF-4AF4-B705-F121F98B666E at gmail.com>,
Brian Sowers <b.sowers154 at gmail.com> wrote:

>You straw man Paul's argument by

>taking up a cause no one was discussing. Global capitalism?

I'm afraid you'll need to take up this matter with Paul, not me. He's
the one that has been throwing around what he clearly hopes will be
incendiary epithets like "xenophobia" and "regionalism". I have merely
taken the liberty of pointing out how ridiculous such retoric is.

Is it "xenophobic" to maintain, even at this late date, some hope or
belief that AFRINIC was formed with the idea in mind that it should
first and foremost serve the African continent, and the people and
companies thereon? If so, then you may color me as a xenophobe, for
I am guilty as charged. I am however by no means alone.

If it was Paul's intent to suggest that either AFRINIC itself, or the
AFRINIC community is "xenophobic" then I would hasten to point out that
the AFRINIC region is composed of 57 different countries containing
millions of people, black, white, brown, yellow, orange, pink, and
every other color of the rainbow, making the AFRINIC region undoubtedly
the most diverse and least xenophobic of all of the five RIR regions.

>Paul is raising the issue of a global internet for all...

Not for all, exactly. For some. More specifically for some well heeled
globalist capitalists... and in this instance just one in particular... who
have positioned themselves to obtain windfall profits based on relatively
little in the way of actual labor and hard work... windfall profits that
are instead based largely or entirely on the exploitation of what would
appear to be legalistic loopholes that, in practice, require a magnifying
glass to find.

>so please spare us your disastrous appeal to emotion by introducing a

>theoretical Kenyan sharecropper

I will avoid appeals to emotion if others will commit to doing likewise.
That means no more arguments based on perfectly ridiculous and easily
disproven claims of "xenophobia". And no more using the word "regional"
or "regionalism" as if they were expletives. AFRINIC is a REGIONAL
Internet Registry. Get over it.

>Once again, you skew Paul's argument to fit your own.

What exactly *is* Paul's argument? I wasn't able to tease that out from
in between all of his hoplessly slanted and over-the-top retoric.

If either you or he wish to make a well reasoned argument, based on facts
and logic, urging people towards a particular goal or outcome, then by
all means, please do so.

No hurry. We'll wait.

>"The membership

>simply do not know how many litigants there are knocking at Afrinic..."

The membership also does not know if an unexpected huge metor will hit
the earth tomorrow, thus rendering all of these discussions, and AFRINIC,
and the whole Internet, and even humanity itself no longer relevant.
But what was Paul's point?

Are these things in any sense *likely*? Or are they just fears based
on the fevered dreams of a certain and particular globalist capitalist
and the various other supporting actors in this drama who feed from the
scraps that fall from his banquet table?

>"but it is quite clear that there are several cases that need to be handled

>appropriately and to date the organization has crafted an environment

>favouring a litigious approach."

>It would be helpful if you included the full quote.

I have now done so, and it doesn't help to support Paul's thesis or his
point of view one bit.

Every single syllable of the full quote, as reproduced in full above, is
what we sometimes refer to here as "bovine excrement". There is exactly
and only -zero- evidence that any other parties are lining up in the
court hallways in Mauritius to sue AFRINIC, and there is also and exactly
-zero- evidence that AFRINIC was in any way responsible for the various
"litigious" attacks that have been launched against it BY OTHER PARTIES.

This is so obviously absurd that it is hardly even worthy of response.
In your universe, apparently, if a guy ran over a pedestrian and then
actually left the pedistrian under the car, you would blame the
pedestrian for having stood too close to the car.

You say that you are against "appeals to emotion" and yet here you are,
both condoning and defending some of the most rank, disgusting, and
above all hypocritical appeals to emotion I have ever witnessed on this
mailing list.

>Litigants are approaching because of...

"Litigants"? Which litigants, exactly? Name one. Either that or admit
that you're just spreading fake news and deliberate disinformation.

>I have seen your prior posts and it is clear you are at the end of your

>patience.

Oh yes. Quite so. And with just about everyone.

>Your sarcasm/trolling is prevalent

Why thank you! I was afraid for awhile there that nobody would notice! :-)

>and can be easily reported in violation of the CoC.

By all means, please feel free to report anything you like. Please note
however that *I* will be reporting *you* for posting to this mailing list
while wearing a red rubber clown nose... also a clear violation of the
CoC. (Where are the Internet Police when we need them?)

Oh! And by the way... not that it matters much, but... ummmm.. Who are
you? And what, may I ask, is your professional affiliation?

You know, I tried googling for your email address, b.sowers154(at)gmail.com,
and you know, I came up with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So whatever rock you
have been hiding under all these years, I just want to compliment you for
your stunning ability to be an absolute ghost, with no online record of
you having ever even existed AT ALL.

(Well, there *are* some people named "Brian Sowers", but they all seem
to be located either in Massachusetts or New York or Ohio... rather far
away from the concerns of the African continent, I should think. Are you
one of those gentlemen? If so, which one? Are you the one who works for
the Massachusetts marketing company? Do tell!)

>For the sake of us all the community, please offer valid counter arguments.

See above.

If you want more, just say so, because I've still got plenty more.

It is easy to refute fake news and propaganda, and I consider it part of
my duty as a human being to do so. So by all means... you and Paul and
all of these other fresh new and mysterious gmail friends we seem to have
these days should feel free to continue the current campaign of blatant
and silly fearmongering, and I'll be right here, speaking the plain truth,
as I have always done, and for as long as it takes.

Your paymaster won't win just by repeatedly blasting the same lies and
the same fake news out to various RIR mailing lists, over and over again,
day after day. That's just not how any of this works.

Regards,
rfg